The future of rapid engineering, the art and science of controlling AI systems using natural language, may look very different than it does today.
That’s the conclusion of Marketing AI Institute founder/CEO Paul Retzer in a recent LinkedIn post.
“How soon will we have a Prompt Copilot that helps users write much more efficient and optimized generative AI prompts? Think of it as a prompt assistant that improves and expands your prompts as you type them.”
Such a system would have a significant impact on how we do rapid engineering today. It will also change how important and valuable agile engineering is as a business skill.
How should you think about and adapt to the future of agile engineering?
I spoke with Paul on episode 41 of the Marketing AI Show to find out.
- Right now, prompts are a limiting factor for users of AI tools. “Your ability to get value from them depends a lot on your ability to develop a lead,” says Retzer. There are many helpful guides on how to create great prompts. But the simple fact is that most people won’t take the time (or have) to become really great at agile engineering.
- Which also limits the cost of AI tools that require prompts. Thus, the value of generative AI companies depends on the ability of users to properly prompt the system. This is a big touch point today.
- Expect some “hustle pilot” soon. Because of this, there is a huge incentive for the companies building these products not to rely on their users to be good at fast engineering. So expect someone to build quick coppils or include them in existing tools soon. This could be a system that can learn what a great tip looks like and help you create your own with auto-completion or AI assistance. “It seems inevitable that it will be incorporated into these applications and into the language models themselves,” says Retzer.
- This will lead to a drastic use of generative tools of artificial intelligence. If we remove the touchpoint of rapid engineering, many more people will realize the power of these tools much faster than they do today. When you can get AI help to create expert messages, you’ll see the rate of adoption of the tools soar.
- But you’ll also see the employment impact. At the same time, the importance and value of being great at tipping will decrease. That includes being good at prompting because you have the appropriate expert skills to do it well, such as knowing how to create great image prompts because you’re an expert artist.
Don’t be left behind…
You can get ahead of AI-driven disruption, and fast, with us A series of courses for pilot AI marketersA series of 17 on-demand courses designed as a step-by-step learning journey for marketers and business leaders to increase productivity and efficiency through AI.
The course series contains 7+ hours of training, dozens of AI use cases and vendors, a collection of templates, course quizzes, a final exam, and a professional certificate upon completion.
After adopting Piloting AI for Marketers, you will:
- Understand how to advance your career and transform your business with AI.
- Experience 100+ AI use cases in marketing and learn how to identify and prioritize your own use cases.
- Discover 70+ AI vendors in various marketing categories that you can start piloting today.