In the second leg of the 16th round of the UEFA Champions League 2022-23 season, Manchester City hosted RB Leipzig at the Etihad Stadium.
With the tie locked at 1-1 on aggregate, a win would see one team through to the quarter-finals, but a draw would send the other into extra time and possibly penalties.
Manchester City have no fresh injury concerns to report with a full squad struggling in the Premier League following their narrow win at Crystal Palace.
RB Leipzig will be without Christopher Nkunku after he picked up an injury in a Bundesliga match earlier this month.
Javier Schlager (ankle), Peter Gulaci and Abdou Diallo (both knee) are out.
When is the start?
Manchester City host RB Leipzig at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday 14 March at 8pm, live on BT Sport UK.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in two of their last three meetings with RB Leipzig (1, 1, 1).
- RB Leipzig lost their only previous visit to Manchester City in September 2021, 6-3.
- Both teams have scored in each of their previous three meetings.
- Julian Alvarez and Riyad Mahrez have both scored in City’s last two Champions League games at home (W2).
- Each of RB Leipzig’s six away goals in the Champions League this season has been scored by six different players (W2, L1), with those six goals coming in wins at Celtic and Shakhtar.
After a hectic few weeks in rotation, Manchester City have done well to avoid defeat, but the quality of their end product has been sluggish at times, as was evident in the late penalty shootout win at Crystal Palace in poor conditions. to finish
While Pep Guardiola may care about how dominant his side were at Selhurst Park, it will now be up to them to maintain that record but ensure their overall bottom line is less expensive as RB Leipzig have no not a shooter as they proved in the first game.
Although RB Leipzig came into this game on the back of a clinical Bundesliga win over Borussia Mönchengladbach, meaning they failed to score just once in 2023, I expect them to come in and adopt the same defensive tactics that saw them they played a draw. in the first step.
Although City should have enough quality to beat RB Leipzig if they play like they have of late, albeit with a tidier finish, because if they squander chances like they did at Palace, they end up will be beaten by stronger opposition.
Prediction: Manchester City 2-1 RB Leipzig