Easter just isn’t Easter without chocolate eggs, and there’s no need to miss out on the delicious treat. This creamy cheesecake has a crunchy biscuit base and mini eggnog sprinkles to make your Sunday feast even sweeter.
Slimming World Mini Egg Cheesecake Recipe
5½ Syns per piece
Takes 15 minutes to prepare (plus 4 hours 15 minutes of chill time)
What you need.
10 Fat Digestive Biscuits
50 g of low-fat spread
low calorie cooking spray
4 sheets of gelatin
600g of fat-free natural Greek yogurt
150 g extra light plain soft cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 level tablespoons of sweetener granules
10 g of milk chocolate, grated or finely chopped
10 Cadbury mini eggs, coarsely crushed or chopped
What are you doing:
1. Line the base of a 20 cm long non-stick loose pan with baking paper. Place the cookies in a resealable food bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin to form fine crumbs. Or you can put the cookies in your food processor and blitz.
2. Melt the spread in a small, non-stick saucepan over low heat, then stir in the cookie crumbs. Spray a tin with low-calorie cooking spray, then spoon the crumbs into the tin and using the back of a spoon, press them down to evenly coat the base. Put in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, or in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes or until it softens. We take out the gelatin, squeeze out the excess water and put it in a small non-stick pot with 200 g of yogurt. Stir constantly over low heat for 1-2 minutes until the gelatin melts into the yogurt. Leave to cool.
4. Pour the remaining yogurt, soft cheese, vanilla extract and sweetener into a large bowl. Add the gelatin mixture and stir until well combined and smooth. Stir in the grated chocolate, then spoon the mixture onto the cookie base and smooth the top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
5. Carefully remove the cheesecake from the mold, discarding the baking paper and place it on a serving plate or cookie sheet. Spread evenly over the mini egg pieces and cut into 10 equal slices to serve.
Recipe tip: You can make the cheesecake up to 24 hours in advance. Store it in the fridge and only add the mini egg slices when you are ready to serve.
More on the blog. Your easy Easter menu including great breakfast ideas, Sunday roast and slimming puddings
Join Slimming World for a delicious Easter!
There are some brilliant Easter themed basket ideas on Slimming World this week. Members can access the site and view…
Easter Sunday Slimming World Style!
Enjoy Easter treats and stay on track!
Your favorite Easter recipes revealed!
Get well this Easter!