MicroStrategy acquired 1,045 bitcoins for about $29.3 million between March 24 and April 4, 2023, at an average price of $28,016 per coin, MicroStrategy co-founder and executive chairman Michael Saylor said.
See related article. Weekly market package. Bitcoin Surpasses $29,000, Market Shakes Binance Legal Trouble
- This brings MicroStrategy’s total bitcoin holdings to 140,000 coins, which were acquired for approximately $4.17 billion, which were bought at an average price of $29,803 per bitcoin, according to Saylor’s Wednesday. statement.
- Saylor’s announcement comes a week after MicroStrategy announced the purchase of 6,555 bitcoins for about $150 million.
- Bitcoin was up 0.73% in 24 hours to $28,558 by 8:30 pm in Hong Kong, according to data from CoinMarketCap.
- As the world’s largest corporate Bitcoin holder, MicroStrategy’s acquisition of Bitcoin could boost sentiment among crypto investors.
- Saylor stepped down as CEO last August to become executive chairman and focus on the company’s “Bitcoin acquisition strategy and related Bitcoin advocacy initiatives.”
- Shares of Microstrategy rose 0.53% on the day to trade at $298.98 in Hong Kong at 8:30 p.m. on the news of the acquisition. MicroStrategy shares are up more than 106% year-to-date, while Bitcoin values have strengthened by 71% over the same period.
See related article. MicroStrategy’s stock price hit a 2-month high after Saylor’s reshuffle