Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken Mushroom soup can be substituted for Cream of Chicken.
- A microwave works well for softening cream cheese.
- Reheat the pan in the microwave if it has cooled before serving.
- 8 ounces egg noodles (4 1/2 cups dry)
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (10.5 oz) low-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon of chicken broth
- 1 can (5 oz.) tuna in water, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup skim or 1% milk
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain well.
- Soften the cream cheese and mix it into the soup.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the noodles and mix well.
- Gently stir in the cooked noodles and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers for 2 hours.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Food HeroOregon State University Extension Service.
Price for 1 glass
|Total fat 4.5 g|
|Saturated fats 2 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 50 mg|
|Sodium 410 mg|
|Total carbohydrates 33 g|
|Dietary fiber 1g:|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Proteins 13 g|
*Percent daily values are included where available. They are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.