The British tourist died as a result of a fire in the spa hall of a luxurious five-star hotel.
A man believed to be a father-of-two in his 40s has been trapped in a fire at a resort in Marrakesh, Morocco.
Holidaymakers screamed in terror as the fire broke out at the Jaal Riad Resort around 4pm on Wednesday.
The police and paramedics rushed to the scene, but they could not save the man, who died from smoke inhalation.
A local worker who was also trapped died.
Sources said the deceased man was on holiday with friends and was at the spa when the fire broke out.
One of the sources said: “It was a really terrible incident.
“He was a tourist visiting the area with friends and they had to break the news to his family.
“Everyone is heartbroken. They were at the spa when the fire broke out and were trapped.”
A spokesman for the local fire department said crews attended after receiving a call at 4 p.m.
The spokesperson of the hotel confirmed the death of the guest, but added: “We cannot comment further due to the ongoing investigation.”
They added that the hotel was reopened after the fire.
The hotel’s website boasts of being in the center of Marrakech and a ten-minute drive from Menara Airport.
It offers a fitness center with a hot tub, a garden with a solarium, as well as a spa and swimming pool.
Rates for guests up to £200 per night.
Last year, a British woman fell to her death at 13,600ft after attempting to climb a mountain in Morocco.
According to local reports, the woman and her climbing partner had decided to climb Mount Toubkal without the help of a guide.